Monday, April 8, 2013

Another Texas Boy - Blake Wharton

Another Texas boy I'm kinda diggin' these days in Blake Wharton.  Not only is he from here, but that boy is a pretty darn good bike rider.  And not only that, but he can sing.  And on top of that, he is a Christian.

Now, I will concede, with that hair, in our house we refer to him as "Party Rock" and everyone knows who we are talking about. Visually, the similarities are shocking, but I think that is where the similarities end.


I do LOVE, however, these young athletes, like Blake and Trey Canard, who are not ashamed to confess that God is their Lord and Savior.  When they make the podium and give credit to Jesus for giving them the ability to get there, my heart swells with pride, just like they were my very own kids.

So, I encourage you to follow Blake and cheer him on in the 250's.  He is a young, talented rider, who I believe has a VERY bright future as a rider, a singer or a song writer.  Check out this video of him singing.  From what I understand he wrote this song too.  Very impressive! 
Blake Wharton Acoustic

No comments:

Post a Comment